The size of images from an email or website is a decisive factor for a good performance of a marketing campaign.
What can you do?
The effects on your customer
Internet campaigns, especially email marketing or hot promotional sites, should be displayed quickly. But, why?
Because people follow impulses when it comes to seeing content and interacting with them. What attracts attention first is clicked and remembered, but what if it takes time to load?
Think: Would you expect something you can not see right away?
To see one email?
Perhaps. But this is not usually the case. People will look at other content and forget about yours.
The reality is this: People will close the email or the website it takes to open and look at other content. And then you lost a new business, audience and especially money.
The solution is image optimization. It is estimated that this process reduces the size of an image by up to 70%. Also, optimized images provide increased click-through-per-view and reduced data traffic, which is also interesting if you consider that more and more people are using smartphones every day to look at their emails and navigate. Of course, the content is also relevant, but it needs to be appropriately presented. Otherwise, the content will not affect the conversion of leads.
When dealing with images keep in mind the following:
Use images that are up to 90kb, noting the image quality and image type.
Vector drawings with flat graphics have few colors and are quite light and interesting to use, because, in .png or .gif format, they offer reduced size without visible loss of quality.
In the case of photos, JPG format with 80% of quality is the most indicated.
Mail2Easy features image optimization
On Mail2Easy when you send very large images to the gallery, the image optimization option is automatically activated, allowing you to configure the final image size and quality yourself.
Check out also some free online services for optimization of images
We have selected some of the best online image optimization services that will help you a lot when setting up your emails and marketing campaigns, with the convenience of not having to install any applications.
- TinyPNG and TinyJPG are sister projects that use a compression technique called quantization, reducing file size by decreasing the amount of color and maintaining quality. It also removes unnecessary headers, placed by photo editing programs. The result can be a reduction in the size of about 70%.
- CompressNow is a free service that allows you to send the images from your computer, choose a percentage of compression and download these pictures. Supports GIF, JPG, and PNG. Allows drag and drop of multiple images at the same time, with maximum upload of 10 images at a time and size of 3MB per image.
- Compressor.io is a powerful online tool to drastically reduce the size of your images and photos while faithfully maintaining the visual quality after compression. Supports JPEG, PNG, GIF and SVG and two types of compression. Promises results of up to 90% reduction compared to original image.
- Optimizilla uses a clever combination of the best optimization and compression algorithms to reduce JPEG and PNG images to the smallest possible size while maintaining the desired quality level. Allows you to process up to 20 images simultaneously. Through a simple interface, you can control the compression level and compare the result with the original image.
- Kraken.io is a robust and fast image optimizer, having a paid version with API, image resizing and plugins for WordPress and Magento, as well as a free version on the website itself.
- Imagify is also a paid service with a free alternative. Like kraken.io, it has API and Plugin for WordPress, having a lossless compression rate of 50%.